Please note that the next intake will start in January 2020.
The dissertation is the final stage of the journey towards an MA in Educational Leadership or in SEND and Inclusion depending on the focus of your project. The module will enable those who currently hold 120 Masters Level credits gained through the SENCO Masters Suite programme to achieve a further 60 credits, resulting in the completion of an MA.
You will receive five face to face teaching sessions and 10 hours of supervision. The teaching sessions will focus on the following topics:
- Introduction to carrying out a Dissertation;
- Research focus emerging from literature review;
- Research approaches and data collection;
- Managing and presenting data. Analysis and interpretation;
- Drawing conclusions, impact and dissemination.
Teaching sessions will be held from January to June, with the exact dates to be confirmed in the Autumn Term prior to the start of the module. Each face to face session will comprise a half-day teaching session and optional supervision in the afternoon.
Whenever the group size is 12-15+ it may be possible for the teaching days to be delivered at the Nucleus.
If the group size is smaller, the teaching days will be delivered at the University of Hertfordshire Campus in Hatfield.
The focus of your project and the research approach will be arrived at through the teaching and supervision sessions. The dissertation you complete will be submitted at the end of the summer term, and will contain 12,000 words.
This is the final step of the SENCO Masters Suite journey for SENCOs who have successfully completed the National Award for SEN Coordination, Advanced SENCO Award and the SENCOs as Leaders Award.
Please note, a grade will be given for your dissertation, however your final MA certificate will be ungraded due to the journey through from National Award to completion being through a ‘short-course’ route. Should you wish for further explanation, please contact Angela Scott at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Participants must hold 120 Masters Level Credits achieved through successful completion of the National Award for SEN Coordination, Advanced SENCO Award and SENCOs as Leaders Award.
Benefits to You
- Access to a range of professionals who will help you to carry out an in-depth study which will help you to complete your dissertation.
- Opportunities to network with other SENCOs from across the region.
- A co-ordinated approach to offering advice and guidance.
- Deepening your understanding, knowledge, and ability to further build on learning gained from previous SENCO Masters Suite programmes.
If you would like to talk to someone about this course or if you have questions about the MA in Educational Leadership or in SEND and Inclusion, please contact Angela Scott at email@example.com.
The indicative cost of the MA Dissertation is £2800.
How to register
Please click the Register button below to complete the online form and register your interest for the MA Dissertation.