Level 4 Certificate / Diploma in Supporting learners from vulnerable groups
Eastern Partnership UK (SEND) are offering the Certificate / Diploma in Supporting Learners from Vulnerable Groups via an online pathway and in some locations, a blended pathway in partnership with Local Authority teams and other partners.
It is suitable for those carrying out an inclusion role under the guidance of a qualified SENCO or those responsible for vulnerable groups within a primary, secondary, post 16 or alternative provision
On successful completion you will gain either:
- Level 4 Certificate in Supporting Learners from Vulnerable Groups
- Level 4 Diploma in Supporting Learners from Vulnerable Groups
The Certificate / Diploma in Supporting Learners from Vulnerable Groups will incorporate learning about strategic and operational practice relating to a wide range of groups *
- Those with medical needs
- Those who have English as an additional language
- Those with special educational needs / disability
- Children Looked After
This course can be accessed online and via a blended pathway. The expected duration of the course is 12 months, with start dates in Spring and Autumn. Learners will have access to online course materials which can be accessed by laptop/tablet/phone.
Those who access the course online will be supported by an online Learning Outcome Assessor.
Those who work in a local area with established partnership with the Local Authorities or other partners who offer a blended pathway, will have access to additional teaching/workshop sessions and to an online Learning Outcome Assessor
You must complete 6 mandatory units to achieve the Certificate, plus one optional unit to complete the Diploma.
Should you choose to complete both optional units, you would still be working at Diploma level but would receive 6 further credits at level 4 to enhance your overall portfolio of units.
You will be allocated an online Learning Outcome Assessor who will support you to complete your portfolio of evidence and gain the right level of knowledge and practical skills from the course.
To achieve the learning outcomes for the course, you will submit learning journal entries and assessment tasks linked to each chapter using the assessment platform.
Benefit to your Organisation
- Successful completion of the course will ensure your setting is compliant with the laws, regulations and statutory guidance relating to learners from vulnerable groups
- The high level of knowledge and understanding you gain from the course is intended to contribute to significant developments in practice through which outcomes and progress for learners from vulnerable groups will be improved
- The confidence gained from new learning will contribute to deeper insights and greater confidence in working with colleagues, stakeholders within and beyond the school and learners themselves
The course is open to those who are:
- Carrying out an inclusion role under the guidance of a qualified SENCO phases: early years, primary or secondary.
- Responsible for vulnerable groups within a primary, secondary, post 16 or alternative provision
- Intending to take up roles outlined above
The Level 4 Certificate in Supporting learners from vulnerable groups is offered at a rate of £450 + VAT
The Level 4 Diploma in Supporting learners from vulnerable groups is offered at a rate of £645 + VAT. This includes the cost of the Level 4 Certificate plus the cost of one optional unit to complete the Diploma.
Should you choose to complete both optional units, you would still be working at Diploma level but would receive 6 further credits at level 4 to enhance your overall portfolio of units. The additional unit is offered at a rate of £195 + VAT in addition to the cost of the Diploma