aptGO (SEN & Disability Focus)
aptGO is an Audit and Planning tool for working at Ofsted judgements Good and Outstanding. It is suitable for both primary and secondary mainstream schools. The purpose of the aptGO tool is to help you describe, evidence and improve your policy and practice for pupils with special educational needs and disabilities against the requirements in the current Ofsted inspection framework.
We have specialist facilitators available to schools across the UK to help you use this innovative tool to prepare for or respond to inspection.
The tool is aimed at senior leadership and management teams in all schools: KS1 – 4. The box set includes one master, and two working copies of the aptGO, and associated resources. It provides a framework for auditing, planning, and further developing SEND policy and practice to help schools achieve Good and Outstanding judgements when they are inspected.
aptGO covers 36 areas under the four Ofsted headings of:
- Leadership and Management
- Quality of Education
- Behaviour and Attitudes
- Personal Development
There are a series of incremental statements designed to generate discussion, from which agreement is reached determining the current level of practice and any consequent actions.
The day will be facilitated by an experienced, skilled professional who has up to date knowledge about Ofsted practices and procedures and a high level of expertise within the area of special educational needs and disabilities.
You will be able to access a one year membership of the Regional SEND Forum following the completion of your aptGO facilitated day.
Benefit to your Organisation
- The aptGO is updated each time Ofsted revises the School Inspection Framework.
- It enables leadership teams to discuss current policy and practice, agree baselines, and identify a secure evidence base against the 36 school improvement areas.
- It supports leadership teams in creating a next steps action plan, appropriate timeframes and a cyclical process for review.
- The process enables leadership teams to describe and evidence policy and practice for pupils with special educational needs and disabilities against the requirements in the current Ofsted inspection framework.
- The aptGO provides a unique and innovative way to prepare for or respond to inspection.
“As a Head, it ticked so many boxes and provided a valuable tool to help staff air views, reflect on current arrangements and identify next steps.”
– Headteacher, Elsworth C.E. (A) Primary School, Cambridgeshire.
How to register
If you are interested in purchasing a boxset or a facilitated day, please contact us.