aptGO (SEN & Disability Focus)
aptGO is an Audit and Planning tool for working at Ofsted judgements Good and Outstanding. It is suitable for both primary and secondary mainstream schools. The purpose of the aptGO tool is to help you describe, evidence and improve your policy and practice for pupils with special educational needs and disabilities against the requirements in the current Ofsted inspection framework.
You can access the aptGO through three options:
- Led by one of our experienced facilitators in your school.
- Led by one of our experienced facilitators via a virtual platform.
- Boxset only purchase.
The aptGO is aimed at senior leadership and management teams including the SENCO in schools across the key stages 1-4. The box set includes one master, and two working copies of the aptGO, and associated resources. It provides a framework for auditing, planning, and further developing SEND policy and practice to help schools achieve Good and Outstanding judgements when they are inspected.
aptGO covers 36 areas under the four Ofsted headings of:
- Leadership and Management
- Quality of Education
- Behaviour and Attitudes
- Personal Development
There are a series of incremental statements designed to generate discussion, from which agreement is reached determining the current level of practice and any consequent actions.
The day can be facilitated by an experienced, skilled professional who has up to date knowledge about Ofsted practices and procedures and a high level of expertise within the area of special educational needs and disabilities.
Benefit to your Organisation
- The aptGO is updated each time Ofsted revises the School Inspection Framework.
- It enables leadership teams to discuss current policy and practice, agree baselines, and identify a secure evidence base against the 36 school improvement areas.
- It supports leadership teams in creating a next steps action plan, appropriate timeframes and a cyclical process for review.
- The process enables leadership teams to describe and evidence policy and practice for pupils with special educational needs and disabilities against the requirements in the current Ofsted inspection framework.
- The aptGO provides a unique and innovative way to prepare for or respond to inspection.
“As a Head, it ticked so many boxes and provided a valuable tool to help staff air views, reflect on current arrangements and identify next steps.” – Headteacher, Elsworth C.E. (A) Primary School, Cambridgeshire.
“I have recommended it to my cluster schools. It’s a great tool for all schools.” – Headteacher, Bar Hill Primary. Cambridgeshire.
How to register
If you are interested in purchasing a boxset or a facilitated day, please contact us.