Level 3 Certificate for SENCOs in Early Years (PVI sector)
The Eastern Partnership UK (SEND) is proud to have been an integral part of the development of this accredited course, working with colleagues from the DfE.
This is a nationally recognised qualification which can be accessed in a variety of different ways depending on your location or your preferred style of learning.
It is suitable for SENCOs in the Early Years PVI sector as well as for childminders.
Course Delivery Options
There are a number of ways to access the Certificate for SENCO in the Early Years:
- The course may be offered by your local Early Years Team depending on your location.
- You may be able to access key parts of the course from your local Early Years Team and then ‘top-up’ through our Virtual Training Platform to ensure you can be awarded full accreditation.
- You may choose to access the whole course through our Virtual Training Platform.
Benefits to You
- The opportunity to participate in high quality training that will give you confidence to carry out the role of SENCO in your setting or across a childminder area.
- Accreditation of 12 level 3 credits and a certificate showing you have successfully gained the qualification: Level 3 Certificate for SENCOs in Early Years (PVI sector).
- Opportunities to network with other SENCOs in different settings and in childminder groups across the region and beyond.
- The flexibility to study in a timeframe that works best for you.
- An option to access to the highly acclaimed Regional SEND Forum.
Benefit to your Organisation
- Successful completion of the course will ensure your setting is compliant with the requirements of the SEND Code of Practice (2015).
- Having a qualified SENCO within your organisation will improve practice overall and strengthen your discussions during inspection.
- Staff working within your organisation will benefit from your leadership of SEND and become more confident about their own practice in working with children with SEND and in engaging with their families.
The course is open to those who are:
- Currently in role as SENCO.
- Intending to take up the role of SENCO.
- Have an interest in aspiring to be a SENCO in the Early Years PVI sector in the future.
In order to deliver this qualification, we work in partnership with the following organisations:
Hertfordshire County Council Early Years Team
Herts for Learning
London Borough of Redbridge