Level 3 Award for SENCOs in Early Years
This course is relevant to all who are working in a private, or voluntary sector playgroup or day nursery, or work as a child-minder. The Special Educational Needs and Disability Code of Practice for those 0-25 (2014) states that all settings must have a SENCO. When the SEN and Disability reforms come into force this September, those working in Early Years will have a critical role to play. This course can help you to develop your role to meet the new framework.
The delivery pattern for the eight to ten hours of training which make up this course will vary according to which group you attend. Assessment will be through discussion and practical tasks during the sessions, as well as the submission of a portfolio.
Successful completion of this course will enable you to gain two Level 3 credits through Gateway Qualifications.
Benefits to You
- You will gain a high level of knowledge about the role of the SENCO in Early Years settings.
- You will develop confidence and skills aimed at establishing high quality provision, support for colleagues and working with children and their families.
Benefit to your Organisation
- An understanding of how to work within the statutory requirements and guidance of the Special Educational Needs and Disability Code of Practice (2015).
- Opportunity to develop enhanced knowledge and skills in how to support children with SEND to achieve good outcomes.
- Development of leadership skills within your organisation.
*Interchangeable use of the language SEN/SEND.