Advanced SENCO Award
- Strategic work with colleagues within school or across schools.
- Improving participation in learning in a variety of contexts.
- Leading, developing and where necessary, challenging practice.
- Evaluating evidence about learning.
- Developing, monitoring and evaluating systems within one or multiple settings.
- Implementing change.
- Your learning will impact on your personal and professional qualities as a SENCO.
The knowledge and skills you will gain are in line with the national learning outcomes for SENCOs taking part in M level study.
Assessment and Accreditation
- Completion of an action research project.
- 4,500 word assignment describing a school-based project.
Accreditation is worth 30 Masters Level Credits.
You can also choose to study for the Advanced SENCO award by taking a non-accredited route.
- Completion of an action research project which is assessed through presentation.
Benefits to You
- The knowledge and skills you will gain are in line with the national learning outcomes for SENCOs taking part in M level study.
- Successful completion of the accredited route will result in 30 Masters Level credits with the University of Hertfordshire, and the opportunity to progress your studies to a full MA level.
Benefits to your Organisation
- The development, monitoring, and evaluation of systems and practices within one or multiple settings.
- The increased knowledge and experience gained through this course will be invaluable to schools and education settings wishing to guarantee high quality SEN provision.
- SENCOs will use leadership skills to carry out a school-based project designed to develop practice and provision for children and young people with SEND.
Delivery Pattern and Venues
Our Learning Management System (LMS)
The LMS is the Eastern Partnership’s online learning platform to which you will have access throughout the course. Reading materials and resources, as well as the training day materials/PowerPoints will be uploaded each time you have a teaching day and throughout the course to assist with learning and development. You will be expected to access a certain amount of the information in order to pass the course.
You will be set up with a unique log in prior to the course commencing and you can continue to use this facility throughout the duration of your course.
For those who are current participants you can access the LMS at any time either by clicking ‘Access LMS’ in the main menu of the site, or by clicking here.
In order to deliver this qualification, we work in partnership with the following organisations:
University of Hertfordshire
Bedford Borough Council
Cambridgeshire County Council
Carillon (covering Southend-on-Sea)
Essex County Council
Herts for Learning
London Borough of Redbridge
Norfolk County Council
Peterborough City Council
Peterborough Learning Partnership
Suffolk County Council
How to register
Dates for the 2017-18 Advanced SENCO Award cohort are published on the sidebar of this page. Dates for the next course will be available from the Summer term 2018. Please click the Registration of interest button below to receive an alert about the application details for the next course.